The Movement Centre of Manitoba is a privately funded registered charity and the only one of its kind in Manitoba that specializes in conductive education rehabilitation and therapy for children and adults living with neuromotor disorders. The Movement Centre is committed to serving Manitobans living with neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, acquired brain injury, developmental delays, spina bifida and Parkinson’s disease.
Hear what some of our clients and their loved ones have to say about how the Movement Centre has impacted their lives.
CE operates on the premise of neuroplasticity and that no matter how severe the disability, people can learn and improve when they are motivated. Conductive Education helps individuals learn their way to functional independence, gain or re-gain mobility and increased confidence.
The Movement Centre of Manitoba, a registered charitable organization, specializes in providing Conductive Education to help individuals with neuromotor conditions increase their mobility, confidence and independence in activities of daily living, one small step at a time.
To enable affordable access to conductive education programming for all Manitobans.
- Respect and inclusion
- Honesty and fairness
- Passion and teamwork
- Lasting personal relationships
- Conductive education is a uniquely beneficial approach to improving neuromotor function
- Movements of daily living can be learned or re-learned
- In the full potential of our clients
- A warm, compassionate and supportive environment for clients and their families enables learning and confidence
- A focus on improvement and measurable outcomes encourages our clients, helps us continue to learn and demonstrates value to our funders
- Volunteers and supporters are crucial to our program and our clients’ success
Our Logo for Download