The Movement Centre of Manitoba is a non-profit organization that is committed to improving the physical health of children and adults with physical disabilities. Through the teachings of “Conductive Education”, we strive to maximize the independence of our clients. We provide movement and learning opportunities with appropriate motivations and expectations, in order to overcome the challenges faced by the physically impaired population.
The Movement Centre of Manitoba is one of only two centres in North America to provide Conductive Education beyond school age and into adulthood.
Conductive Education is effective for those individuals with cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, head injury, and Parkinson’ disease.
The Movement Centre of Manitoba, a registered charitable organization, uses conductive education to help people with neurological conditions gain or regain physical mobility, increased confidence and functional independence, one small step at a time.
The Movement Centre of Manitoba is a recognized agency that provides affordable access to all individuals who could benefit from conductive education programming.
The Movement Centre of Manitoba Inc. values:
- Respect, honesty, fairness, consistency and teamwork in all interactions;
- Maximizing each individual’s potential- physical, emotional, psychological;
- A client-centered approach;
- Being results-oriented with measurable outcomes;
- Excellence in all that we do;
- A warm, compassionate and supportive environment for clients and their families;
- A fair and equitable workplace;
- Fiscal responsibility;
- Accessibility and affordability for clients;
- The crucial role of all volunteers and supporters.
Take a look at our printable copy of The Movement Centre’s Organizational Profile (PDF).
Visit our Newsletter Page to view our current newsletter.
Our Events Page contains all our current and upcoming events.
Take a look at our Testimonials Page to see what people are saying.
See our Membership Page for details on how to become a member.