Get Your Groove On and join the fun at the
8th Annual Move ‘N Groove-a-Thon
October 13, 2018 – 12 to 5 PM – at the University of Manitoba!
We are Away Until We Hit The Dance Floor!
Move ‘N Groove celebrates the joy of movement – from head bobs and toe taps to full body hip hop combinations! But it’s not just dancing…
- 5 hour dance relay supporting kids and adults with disabilities!
- DJ, dance music and videos
- Kids’ Corner with face painting and activities for children
- Silent Auction, dance contests, mascots, prizes and more for the whole family
Be an Early Bird winner! Register a team by June 25, 2018 for a chance to win:
- Prize #1 – Touch Down! – Courtesy of The Manitoba Hydro Game Changers Program, you and up to 29 friends will receive tickets to the July 27 Blue Bombers’ home game and a one of a kind meet and greet with a Blue Bomber player! (Winning group must include a 17 or under Team Leader, and chaperones as required.)
- Prize #2 – Home Run! – You and 19 friends can enjoy the July 29 Goldeyes Game from one of the VIP boxes at Shaw Park.
To qualify – Minimum 5 team members registered and minimum $500 pledged by June 25 deadline.
First choice of prizes goes to team with highest pledges.
How to Register
You can collaborate with up to 18 co-workers or friends to make a team of dancers. If you are a corporate team, we want you to encourage your company/organization to match what you raise.
Register today by clicking “Register or Sign In”. Once registered, it’s easy to ask friends and family to pledge your team online through your fundraising page. Tax receipts are automatically emailed after a pledge is made online.
Printable pledge forms are available HERE, or contact The Movement Centre of Manitoba at email@example.com or by phone at 204-489-2679.
Set Your Team Fundraising Goal – To ensure the event’s success, a $500 minimum in funds raised is required by each team to participate.
What If I Can’t Get a Team Together? May I Still Participate?
Not able to put a full team together? No worries! “Solos” are welcome – so register, fundraise and come out to dance with us at our event!
What If I Want to Make it a Family Event With My Children?
That would be great! Why not get a few families together to form a team. Participants under the age of 18 are encouraged to take part as well!
Dance Relay Contest Rules
Some teams participate in the optional dance relay part of the event. Here are rules for this contest to see which team can dance continuously for the entire 5 hours.
- Teams are provided with one sash that is shared among their dancers.
- One dancer from your team – wearing the sash bearing your team name – must be on the dance floor at all times between Noon and 5 pm. The sash is shared among team members as they trade off on the dance floor.
- The dancer wearing the sash must stay within the boundary outlined by tape.
- If the sash leaves the dance floor, your team will be disqualified.
- Sashes of disqualified teams will be collected by the Dance Police.
- The team(s) still dancing at 5 pm will declared the winner(s).
Want to be a part of this great event as a volunteer?
We have many opportunities available!
- Welcome Greeter
- Registration Table
- Kids’ Corner
- Face Painting
- Parking Assistance
- Prize Table Supervision
- First Aid
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
Map & Parking
University of Manitoba: The Move ‘N Groove-a-Thon will take place in the multipurpose room located on the second floor of University Centre at the U of M.
Address: 230 University Centre
Parking Options: U of M is NOT offering free parking in the University Centre parkade this year – but special arrangements have been made for accessible parking.
Accessible Parking – handicap parking is available in the parkade at no cost to participants requiring accessible parking. The Movement Centre is covering this cost. Take a ticket upon entering and you will receive a parking voucher at registration for a no cost exit.
General Parking – free in surface lots A, P and others, as well as on the street. See map below.
Non-accessible parking in the University Centre parkade is NOT free.
Follow signage for parking and drop off. Volunteer parking patrols will be on duty to help with parking.