Fund Development (Executive Director)
While there are many organizations in Manitoba committed to improving the health of individuals with physical disabilities, there is only one that does so through Conductive Education, a holistic therapy that focuses on the whole person – The Movement Centre of Manitoba. In fact, The Movement Centre is one of only three centres in Canada providing this rehabilitation.
The Movement Centre has been operating since 1998 and exists in Winnipeg due to the commitment and passion of the Executive Director, the entire team and an engaged Board. The Executive Director is now retiring, and The Movement Centre is excited to welcome a new leader to continue to grow the organization.
The Movement Centre is looking for a “mover and shaker”, someone that loves to make connections, build relationships and develop funds. This leadership position will be ideal for an individual who is passionate about making a difference in their community, who is high-energy and has a track record of generating revenue or fundraising and achieving financial goals.
The Executive Director role:
- Engage and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders such as board members, donors, sponsors, committee chairs, partners, affiliates and the media.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance for the organization and team.
- Develop and implement fund development plans, marketing and communication initiatives and identify opportunities for growth.
- Communicate and work closely with the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Be the face of the organization through events, media relations, networking opportunities and funding groups.
- Manage day-to-day operations, financial administration and internal and external communications.
The experience we need:
- A track record of revenue generation or fund development.
- Operational, administrative & leadership experience in a community focused or non-profit organization.
- Strong budget and financial management experience.
- Hands-on relationship building and networking experience – building connections with government, associations, donors and sponsors.
The qualities we’re looking for:
- Passion and commitment
- A mover and a shaker
- Empathy and compassion
- Friendliness and sincerity
- Sense of humour
- Determination and persistency
The Movement Centre of Manitoba is a not-for-profit Registered Charity that is committed to improving the physical health of children and adults with physical disabilities. Through the teachings of “Conductive Education”, they strive to maximize the independence of their clients. They provide movement and learning opportunities supported by “rhythmic intention” focusing on the whole person, recognizing physical, social, intellectual, and emotional aspects of learning.
To submit your candidacy please email your resume in confidence to Annette Kohut, Associate, Executive Search at email@example.com.
Feel free to call Annette at 204.940.3983.
Conductive Education Assistants (CEA)
No Positions Available – Send Resume for Later Consideration:
Apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & application!
Interested in applying as a CEA? See what we are looking for.
Download the Application for Employment for future consideration.
- Experienced in working in a team environment
- In great physical condition
- Have some experience working or volunteering in the disabled community
- The ability to motivate in a positive manner
- Strong comprehension of English, both written and spoken
- Creative and expressive in a group environment
- Comfortable assisting in an adult and child class setting
- Having a good understanding of kinesiology and basic body movement
Extra qualities that are of benefit to an Assistant at The Movement Centre:
- Involvement in athletics
- Involvement in team sports
- Strong involvement with community initiatives
- Volunteer experience within the disabled community
- Experience working with children
- Experience working with adults with disabilities
- Experience in health care
- Experience as a coach in athletics
- Knowledgeable in ASL
- Experience in the arts and theatre